At Dawson, the curriculum is designed with the students’ best interests in mind. Thus, we create a learning program that ensures success while at Dawson, as well as into high school and college education.
- Teaching methods and curriculum are based on current research and best practices.
- Learning experiences are grounded in literacy, mathematics, science and technology, history (culture and society), health and fitness, the fine arts and world languages.
- Curriculum is integrated and relevant, framed by school-wide learning goals which identify what students should know and what skills and processes learning will encompass.
- Curriculum is stimulating, engaging and challenging, allowing students to achieve personal goals and prepare for the rigor of nationally respected secondary schools.
- Reading, writing and public speaking skills are taught at the highest level through constant practice in all disciplines, allowing students to learn to write with clarity, precision and style, and to present material in a public setting with poise and confidence.
- Hands-on science curriculum builds on natural curiosity, providing a strong foundation for future study, while emphasizing the scientific method and experimentation in physics, chemistry, life science, astronomy and geology.
- Classroom learning is enhanced by educational field trips, guest speakers and educational seminars.